Thursday, December 29, 2016

How to Authenticate (Red Ribbon) Marriage Certificate in DFA

Some things to consider before going to DFA

The processing fee per document will be - 
P200 for express processing (one working day), and
P100 for regular processing (4 working days).

HOW to go to DFA, Alimall

Fast Facts:

Nearest Train Station: LRT-2-Araneta Center-Cubao; MRT-Cubao
Jeepney Routes: Cubao-Libis

Nearby Places: Araneta Coliseum, Dangwa Bus Terminal, Farmer's Plaza, Gateway Mall, LRT2-Cubao Station, MRT-Cubao Station, Partas Bus Termal, Shopwise, SM Cubao

Commuting Routes:

From Gateway Mall, Quezon City:

  1. Walk towards Araneta Coliseum, and exit at Gen. Aguinaldo Avenue.
  2. Turn right at Gen. Aguinaldo Avenue.
  3. Walk half a block along Gen. Aguinaldo Avenue, past Shopwise and Araneta Coliseum, until you get to Gen. McArthur Avenue.
  4. Turn left at Gen. McArthur Avenue.
  5. Walk 1 block along Gen. McArthur Avenue, past Shoemart, until you get to Time Square Avenue.
  6. Ali Mall is at Gen. McArthur Avenue corner Time Square Avenue, across Rustan's Superstore and Shoemart.

From Libis, Quezon City:

  1. Ride a jeep to Cubao, and get off at Ali Mall


Applicants are advised to personally hand-carry their documents or an authorized representative who is an immediate family member.


The authorized representative must present the following:
(1) an authorization letter or Special Power of Attorney (SPA) from the applicant;
(2)  a photocopy of the applicant's ID card bearing his/her signature;
(3)  a photocopy of the representative's ID card bearing his/her signature.


STEPS how to AUTHENTICATE Marriage Certificate:

BEFORE going to DFA:

1.  Secure first the NSO marriage certificate.
2.  Bring valid ID's and the nso marriage certificate.

AT THE DFA: 
1. Go to DFA (any satellite area) EARLY although getting one does NOT need appointment.
2.  Get the form from the guard.
3.  Fill-out Form well.  Black ink pen is a must.
4.  Go to Window and present the document, ID and SPA (if representing for someone)
5.  Pay the fee to the cashier upon approval of the document.
6. Present the paid receipt to the officer. 
7.  Keep the receipt copy for claiming the document.

It's a pretty easy and not-so-time-consuming process.  So don't worry.
This is for marriage certificate authentication only.

As a beginner traveler, I am fond of reading HOW a trip becomes memorable and successful. Planning important details is a must.  From location, hotels/inns, itinerary, restos, activities, expenses, outfits, things-to-bring, etc.  Before the trip happens, I get to VISION it in my mind and as much as possible create the picture of what I want to happen. But then again, spontaneity is always FUN. So yeah, I go for surprises too.  

I have traveled mostly within my country, Philippines and once international in Hong Kong.  I have plans for other international trips too so that is why reading about getting visas and anything related to legal is one of my eager interests. 

Before the year ends, I am happy to share with you about my
NEW Travel Experience...

"Getting the Authenticated Marriage Certificate (Red Ribbon) and Authenticated by the Finnish Embassy"

Not for me but for my Finnish & Filipina friends who fell in love and got married. They gave me permission to blog about this. Thank you!


The STEPS of getting marriage certificate at NSO was already acquired by Dave and Ana.

Remember, Henri, my Finnish friend whom I met at Hundred Islands, Pangasinan last January and I blogged his 3 months trip?!  He has a friend, Dave (not his real name), also Finnish, who also traveled with him at Puerto Princesa, Palawan. Dave met a charming Filipina Ana (not her real name) there and to cut the story short, fell in love with each other. Dave flew back to Finland after his trip here last May. Their communication and relationship continued and blossomed. Dave flew back to Puerto Princesa and proposed to Ana.  They got married there last September. I am so happy for them!!! Yey!!!   They flew to Finland together last November.

WhatsApp Chat Trail:
On the 13th, 12:57 am, Henri messaged me that Dave and Ana needed my help.  If it would be alright for Dave to add me in Whats App?  I replied him "Yeah, that would be fine. I'll do my best to help them. Your friends are mine too."

That day too, Dave messaged me that they needed their marriage certificate authenticated by DFA and the Finnish Consul for Ana's permit to stay in Finland before Ana can claim the health benefits in Finland especially on the 14th-20th of January (for her delivery of their angel). They would need my full name to be instated in the SPA and Ana's valid ID. I must also have a valid ID upon presenting the SPA.   I searched for the address of the Norwegian Embassy (where the Finnish Embassy was). I was thinking it was in proper Manila but I found out it's in Taguig. Just within my work area.  So that was a blessing in disguise. I took a screenshot of that and Dave said that yeah that was the right address.  He will get the information on Tuesday and that their consulate opening hours are from 1 pm to 3 pm (7 pm to 9 pm PH) and if it would be fine to talk to me by that hour, it would be great.  

Upon that agreement, Dave said "Our prayers have been answered! Thank you so much Carole!"

On the 15th, Dave messaged me they're going to the consulate then and he'll message me the information later.  He asked for my home address, tried calling me but I was eating dinner around 8:14 - 8:46 pm. As soon as I read his message I replied my home address and called him. Good thing wifi was doing great!  

On the 18th, Dave messaged me they're still waiting for the SPA and where he can send the fee for the service.  He also advised me to express the processing of the red ribbon at DFA and I can wait for the stamping of it at the Finnish embassy.  He also advised me the Finnish Consular is open at 9 am to 12 noon only.  I replied him that I can find ways.

On the 21st, Dave called the Consulate but they didn't have time to make the SPA yet so they'll still follow up on it the next day.  He also asked for the postal code which I forgot to include the first time I gave my complete home address.

On the 22nd, Dave messaged me the tracking number of DHL.  He also told me anyone can receive the package.  I replied him with a thumbs-up emoticon.  

On the 23rd, I send Dave the screenshot of DHL's online tracking system.  I thought it will still arrive on the 28th but Dave said he called DHL there and it should be here on Friday, 25th.  That's better.  I saw online that it is possible to get documents authenticated even without SPA, while abroad but Dave did not think it was safe nor legit so he decided to have someone do it here.


the package has arrived safe

On the 25th, indeed, the package came.  I messaged Dave it already came and my mom got it. He said "Perfect!"  I sent him a photo of it just so he sees it. We talked for a bit where I'll go first, second and then to DHL it back to Finland.

DAY ONE AT DFA

On the 28th, Monday, I picked-up Chesca at school and ate lunch together. Mom had to see a doctor. The two of us went to Cubao for three reasons:  

1st :  Level 2, Alimall, DFA for the marriage certificate authentication
2nd : National Book Store to buy some ornaments needed for the team Christmas decor contest (since I am spear heading it)
3rd :  Braces adjustment by my dentist 

We took the van from our place to Cubao.  Too bad the AC of the van was not working well.  It was so hot in the van.  Good thing I had my fan.  All along the trip, when Chesca as asleep on my lap, I had to fan her.  I told the van driver but he did not respond which made me mad but I ignored the feeling.  After getting off the van, I asked Chesca to memorize the plate number so I can complain him at the terminal. It was UVD 136.  hahaha. 

I asked the traffic policeman where we can find Alimall.  I knew it but it's been long since I went there so I had to refresh my memory. hahaha.  Good thing Chesca was a sport kid.  It was hot but we had umbrella and fan. We were both happy walking around.  We got in the mall and good thing, DFA red ribbon had few people besides, it was not by appointment. As my brother messaged me, I can walk-in.  I didn't know how to fill-out the application form so the lady guard advised me how to.  Chesca took my picture while doing so and she had to message Dave.  I can really rely on her now.  

filling-out the form
I messaged Dave of the processing time frame.  I was thinking of doing it 4 days but then DFA does not release papers on Saturday so it's still gonna be expressed.  But 30th would be a holiday so it would be on Thursday, December 1st.  

I showed the documents to the lady at the counter. Her name was Mye.  The documents were all fine including the SPA.  She saw my passport and it was ok. She gave it back.  Then I paid for the express 200.  I went back to that window and presented the receipt.  

I took a photo of the receipt and sent it to Dave. Chesca and I then went to Mcdonalds and had our snacks.  She was really happy with the happy meal and sundae while I had fries and coke float.  We proceeded to National Book Store and bought some supplies we needed.  Chesca can really choose designs.  She gave her judgment of what to choose to.  hahaha. We tried another NBS but the snow twigs we were looking for was covered in silver dust and we cannot use such.  

I got tired and so did she so I decided for us to go home instead.  I'll set another appointment with my dentist next time.  We called mom and she was already home. 

receipt of DFA for the express process 

Whats App Chat Trail :

On the 1st of December Dave messaged me what amount he needed to send for the errand.  I replied him that I will let him know soon.  I told him I'd spend for it all and he just needed to pay me after it's done.


DAY TWO AT DFA 


Pick-up the authenticated marriage certificate at DFA


I woke up early and prepared myself. I left house when it was still dark around 5 am. I took the jeepney to Edsa because the UV's were not that available easily. The travel took around more than an hour. I walked and walked until I reached Alimall. It was still close around 8:30 so I ate at 711 first and charged my phone a bit.  There were already people standing in line for NBI and DFA by the door waiting for the mall to open. I went back to the line after breakfast.  I met some people who also had their documents red ribboned. Chatted a little. I got the authenticated marriage certificate by 10:18 am.  



sample of authenticated marriage cert


I took a photo of it while at bus and sent it to Dave so he knows I got the copy of their NSO marriage cert authenticated by DFA.  

  




No comments:

Which is Better: PAID or FREE Cosplay Event?

What is Cosplay? Cosplay. a portmanteau of "costume play" is an activity and performance art in which participants called cosplaye...