Sunday, January 1, 2017

How to Authenticate (Stamp) Marriage Cert at Consular Office of Finland

As a beginner traveler, I am fond of reading HOW a trip becomes memorable and successful. Planning important details is a must.  From location, hotels/inns, itinerary, restos, activities, expenses, outfits, things-to-bring, etc.  Before the trip happens, I get to VISION it in my mind and as much as possible create the picture of what I want to happen.  But then again, spontaneity is always FUN. So yeah, I go for surprises too.  

I have traveled mostly within my country, Philippines and once international in Hong Kong.  I have plans for other international trips too so that is why reading about getting visas and anything related to legal is one of my eager interests. 

Before the year ends, I am happy to share with you about my

NEW Travel Experience...

"Stamping of the Authenticated Marriage Certificate by the Consular Office of Finland at Norwegian Embassy"


DAY ONE 12.01.2016
  

I took the bus to Estrella and from there walked fast to the office. I drank coca-cola because I was thirsty.  I withdrew some money from the bpi atm.  Then I took a cab.  The old driver was pretty rude when I told him about the location. He said "I cannot think if you talk"  Such a driver.  Anyway, I shut my mouth and he found the location without GPS.  He just asked for the address and he knew where to go.  Amazing old man!  I arrived at Del Rosario Law Building safe and hurried going up because it was around past 11 am.  I got lost first but then found the embassy. 


The Finnish lady Consul asked me to put the documents in the rolling tray.  She looked at them and told me they don't need the SPA because it's only for the Philippines.  She told me what I needed to show and give them so the document can be authenticated.  She was direct to the point.  Of course I had to ask questions to clarify on my end if I understood her so I can deliver what's needed.  I looked straight into her blue eyes so she will know I am sincere and professional too.  She printed the things I needed to bring next time. 

I went down to the lobby and messaged Dave.  Sent him the requirement needed by the Consul.  The time was not sufficient.  I went up again and had the lady Consul signed the visiting form and returned it to the lobby guard.  

I then decided to leave and went home.




THESE ARE WHAT IS NEEDED:


- New authorization letter addressed to the Consular Office of Finland in Manila, has to be signed and dated, but can be scanned.  No need to have it notarized or authenticated by any authority.

- Owner of document(s) has to specify, what documents she wants us to legalize and for what purpose she needs the legalized document(s) in Finland.  What is the authority in Finland that she will be presenting the document(s) to and for what purpose?

-  All documents that she wants to legalize, must be authenticated by DFA first.

- Photocopy of passport of the Finnish citizen

(it can be emailed and just printed)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whats App Chat trail:

On December 2nd, I messaged Sam that I got his email already and asked him to ask if he could confirm that only his passport will be needed to make sure all documents needed will be ready.


DAY TWO  12. 05.2016

AGENDA:

1.  Stamping of the Marriage Certificate
2.  DHL the document to Finland


I woke up early the same time I usually leave home going to work.  I napped in the van.  I took the bus from Cubao to Estrella then walked to BPI and withdrew some money.  I took a cab.  That time the driver was kind.  He knew the area pretty well and we got there early.  The guard said I cannot go in yet because it will open by 9 am so I took a quick rice meal breakfast at Family Mart located beside the building.  By 9, I got it Del Rosario building and proceeded to the lady Consul and presented all the printed documents she asked me to bring.  She was smiling and it was easy.  She gave me a piece of paper for me to pay to BPI and return to her the receipt while the red ribboned marriage certificate was with her.  I walked to BPI for about 10 minutes.  It was hot but with the direction given by the security guard, it was fast.  At BPI, only few customers came so I got to pay quickly.  I enjoyed the sunny walk with my umbrella.  I cleaned myself at the powder room before going back upstairs.  The lady Finnish Consul was talking with someone on the phone.  It took around 3 minutes waiting for them to finish the conversation.  I handed over the BPI receipt to her when it was finished.  She gladly accepted it, showed me the stamp at the back and handed me over the STAMPED MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE.


That feeling of accomplishment came rushing into me. Yes!  Job done!  I had her signed the visiting slip before I left.  

I said goodluck to the couple I met there getting their tourist visa for Norway.  I also saw some young Filipinas married to older foreigner men.  I wonder what it was for?? Love or Convenience? But hey. I am nobody to judge.  I'm just happy for them.  Hoping their lives ahead will be safe.

I happily took a picture of the stamp and sent it to Dave.

At 9:55 am, he replied "Yesss perfect, thank you so much, Carole!! 😀😀😀   
I walked towards the outside street as directed by the lady I asked question from and there took a jeep to Market-Market.  It was still close and the guard said it will open around 11 so I decided to proceed to Cubao and there look for DHL instead.

By 11:27 am, I messaged him again when I arrived at DHL.  I was the only customer so I took time. The lady was nice and accommodated me.  I filled-out the sticker label for the package and paid P2,400.00  (Philippines to Finland).  I messaged Dave all the expenses I had.  The total was P4,969.00.  
I also messaged him the tracking number.  I asked if he needed the SPA but realized it would not be useful for them anymore.  

I then took the UV heading back home. 

By 2:23 pm, Dave messaged me "Thank you for everything, and for your patience."  
I asked if they would permit me to blog about this errand.  He said "Yeah, sure. we are both forever grateful for you, you are so kind to help us."

Dave was quick to messaged me around 10:17 pm that he already sent his payment.  Such a prompt customer huh?! I mean a man of his word.  

That ended the LEGAL ERRAND I made for Dave and Ann.  

STEPS IN GETTING THE MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE STAMPED by FINNISH EMBASSY (By Proxy)

1.  At the lobby, leave ID (mine was TIN ID) at the security area.  Get the visiting slip and number.
2.  Take the elevator.  Norwegian Embassy is on the 12th floor.  Finnish Consul on the left
3.  Wait for the Finnish Consul to dial the phone.
4.  Pick-up the phone.
5.  Put the NSO red ribboned marriage certificate, your ID (my passport),  letter of authorization, photocopy of the Finnish citizen on the rolling tray.
6.  Wait for the slip the Consul will provide.
7.  Go to BPI and pay the fee P1,600
8.  Present the BPI receipt back to the lady Consul.
9.  Accept the Stamped Marriage Certificate.
10.  Have the Consul sign the visiting slip.
11.  Return the slip to the guard to claim ID.

Note:  As long as documents presented met the requirement, the stamping would be easy.


/cas









No comments:

Which is Better: PAID or FREE Cosplay Event?

What is Cosplay? Cosplay. a portmanteau of "costume play" is an activity and performance art in which participants called cosplaye...