Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Do's & Dont's During Hongkong Immigration Interview

Click HERE to Book Agoda


Photo by CNN
One of the things one has to prepare with international flights is the "Immigration Interview" process.  My mom had visited Hongkong twice already so she rehearsed me with some immigration do's and don'ts. Even if Hongkong is a visa-free country, it's best to properly respond with their immigration process professionally. I was traveling with my 8 year-old daughter then.  This was how our "Mom & Daughter" immigration experience.

DO's

1.  Stand on the line.  Wait for your turn.
2.  Let your child stand in line the same. It's a great start to teach them.
3.  Take off your hat/cap if you are wearing one.
4.  Ready your passport, ticket and card.
5.  Look at the immigration officer eye-to-eye.
6.  Answer briefly yet concise.
7.  Use right choice of words.
8.  Be polite and courteous. It goes a long way.
9.  Look at the camera straight, with face front.
10.  Just keep a professional look.

DONT's

1.  Over-answer.
2.  Stutter. Remain calm.
3.  Roll eyes as if looking somewhere.
4.  Over-step on another's space.
5.  Noisy. Avoid loud conversation.
6.  Keep it short and simple. Less talk, less mistake.



TOP 5  Usual Questions During Immigration Interview
and How to Respond

1.  Where do you work? 
In my case, I was even asked to show our company ID.  I told the officer, the company doesn't have one, rather we used 'toot' card.  That I showed him.  So, be ready with your company ID (if working).

2.  Who are you traveling with?
That time, my mom was interviewed ahead of me.  I responded, my mom and daughter (who was just beside me then).

3.  What's your complete name? 
I don't know why the officer, asked my mom to say her name.  But she was.  That was why, she was also surprised.  So if this might happen to you, don't be alarmed.  This is also their question with kids.  Most often, no questions at all for kids.

4.  How long will you stay in Hongkong?
My sister-in-law was asked of this.  That was her only question.  I guess it was obvious her 3 kids were standing beside her.

Some are asked to show proof of stay in Hongkong.  Just be ready with your booking confirmation.

5. For kids

As a mommy, I was beside my daughter as the immigration officer asked her to look at the camera.  Just be there for your child since they can't be on their own yet.

There you go mommies. Hope this helps with your travel planing with kids. I didn't get to have pictures with this since it was not allowed. Message me below if you have questions. Glad to help.





No comments:

Which is Better: PAID or FREE Cosplay Event?

What is Cosplay? Cosplay. a portmanteau of "costume play" is an activity and performance art in which participants called cosplaye...