Saturday, October 12, 2019

How Agoda Confirmation Helped in Immigration Interview



Where's your latest international trip, mommies?  What do you make sure you carry all the time?  Passport? Money of the country's currency? ID's?   Yes, all of these you should.  Today I will share with you another ONE THING that is super important to have with you as you travel or cross borders of different countries.

Last year September, Mom, Chesca and I (El Tres Viajeras) went to Singapore by plane and Malaysia by bus.  These two countries are just separated by a border.  We met Andrei's family there too. It was my two nephews' birthday.

Our second day itinerary was to travel from Singapore to Johor Baru, Malaysia for LEGOLAND, Waterpark.  My friends told me it's easier to go to Legoland via Singapore than in Kuala Lumpur.  That's where we should fly back - KL to Manila.

I booked our Legoland Water Park adventure via KLOOK for only P3,373.60. I got some P92.40 discount and mom's charge was the same as Chesca's (3-11 yo). Here's sharing with you a recap of that itinerary. 


Click HERE to Book Agoda


DAY TOUR ITINERARY

6 AM  :  Wake-up/Eat Breakfast/Preparation

830 AM  :  Prepared /Travel to 30 Raffles Ave (Singapore Flyer)

Via Line 80 Bus 
From Opp Mohd Salleh Mque to Cosmic Insurance Bldg (12 mins)
then TRANSFER 
Raffles Hotel to Marina Ctr Terrace (3 mins)

SMART Mommy TIPS:

1.  Make use of the wifi sim you bought for the country.  Use Google Map as it counts your step and show you the way.  

2.  You can ask but some don't get to speak English well.  


3. Travel with a bottle of water. 

"We had long walks and one stop-over in a bathroom behind Raffles Avenue.  After asking some people around the area, we made it."

Singapore Flyer

  • Address: 30 Raffles Ave, Singapore 039803, Unit #01-06D
  • By MRT: Promenade MRT Station (CC4/DT15)
  • Boarding Point: Singapore Flyer Coach Bay
Redemption Procedure at Singapore Flyer
  • Go to the Travel and Transit Hub, unit #01-06D, facing the carpark
  • Look for WTS Travel counter and exchange for a redemption voucher which will state your bus license plate number and transfer details
10 AM  :  ETA WTS Travel Counter/Presented the KLOOK Voucher
                Shared Legoland Malaysia & Hello Kitty  Town Transfers from Singapore


SMART Mommy TIPS:

1. I was actually the last one. We had difficulty finding the unit because WTS signage was a bit small. But it's usually the mostly populated unit there with people standing in line."

2. I had our voucher printed so in case my phone dies, we have a hard copy.  We chose low-season-two way.  Refer to the dates for this option.  Mom's charge was the same as Chesca's.  For the three of us, the total was P2,811.10.

3.  You can present mobile voucher for this. 




10:30 AM  :  Shared Bus Travel to Johor Baru

11:00 AM  :  ETA Malaysia Border/Immigration Interview
"We had a smooth process then.  You have to leave your luggage in the bus since the bus will pick you up at another terminal.  Just bring with you passport and voucher.

I'll share another blog just about this"

12 NN - 430 PM  :  Enjoyed Water Park/Met Friends
"Chesca and I enjoyed the water park. Mom didn't want to. She just watched us from afar and enjoyed the place.

I'll share another blog about this."

515 - 615 PM :  Travel to Singapore

After spending the happy day in Legoland, Malaysia, we were picked-up by another bus.  Malaysia to Singapore this time. 

How Agoda Confirmation Helped in Immigration Interview

630  PM  :  Singapore Immigration Interview/ETA Singapore  

"Mom went first for her interview.  Apparently it took her time. The lady immigration officer seem to be asking a question.  She kept insisting about my mom's residence in Singapore.  She kept telling her "I'm a tourist! I don't have residence in Singapore, only hotel."  My mom asked her "If I show you my booking, what does it manifest?" She just looked at her point blank.  She didn't seem to understand my mom's question.

During then Chesca and I had our turn. A guy immigration officer was asked by the lady immigration officer about something. Only to find out she was looking for the Agoda Booking Confirmation.  I had my wifi back (SG sim) so I checked my Agoda app right away. I presented it to him and then he advised the other officer that it's okay.  He apologized to us.

At the bus, we were all exchanging our experiences. A couple was asked to present their booked flight back to Philippines."  

SMART Mommy TIPS: 
Here are two things you can prepare if you don't have the internet in your phone:

1. Printed copies of hotel booking (Agoda), airfare or activities.
2. Screenshot of hotel booking confirmation.  See sample below.



Click HERE to book with Agoda. 

That experience taught me to be more resourceful and ready especially when traveling with kids and senior citizen.  I don't wanna be in the same hassle again, not in the immigration line.

Hope this helps mommies!









No comments:

Which is Better: PAID or FREE Cosplay Event?

What is Cosplay? Cosplay. a portmanteau of "costume play" is an activity and performance art in which participants called cosplaye...