Saturday, July 21, 2018

How to Enjoy Ocean Theater Ocean Park, Hongkong 2016



BOOK HERE & GET REBATES!

This is a 500 seat accommodating fantastic open-air venue in a world class theme park where you can enjoy your dolphin and sea-lion frolic.  The huge flat screen tv acting as an amplifier of the show to better the viewing.  What makes it so grand was the real open sea at the background with mountain ranges. Yes, you can actually see the entire sea. Such a realistic setting. Dolphin show in done in the pool while the sea lion show is on a level area with their pod where they showcase their talents as their trainers guide them.

Watching it is a MUST when you visit Ocean Park.  We were traveling in two families.  It isn't easy to travel with kids and a teen but we made it.

Here are 3 tips to Enjoy the Ocean Theater Show:

1.  Refer to the MAP. Go to Schedule of Shows.  

2.  Plan ahead the route you wish to take.  Visit the attractions near the theater so when it's time to go, it will just take short distance to walk.

3.  Itinerary is a guide.  Before visiting the park, create your itinerary so you know how to divide and prioritize time.  Seating capacity easily gets filled-out so be there 10-15 minutes early.



ITINERARY


11:00 AM - 12:30 NN
"As expected, we all got famished around lunch time so we decided to look for something heavy to eat to recharge. Andrei, Vanessa and I bought our food.  It was so hot.  We ordered the same menu.  They were hamburgers, huge corn on cob with butter with large fries and drinks. They also had Haagen Dazs ice cream for dessert.  I didn't.  It was tempting but I was trying to save my throat. We ate our lunch by the benches. Yeah! we were cowboys. Didn't matter without a table.  That was one fun part of the trip.  People were passing by and we didn't mind. hahaha.  It was just a quick and yummy lunch for all of us.
busy with yummy lunch
With my girl scout unica hija on the pavement with newspaper...

12:30 NN - 02:30 PM
"After lunch, we were all excited with the next attraction.  You see we didn't really spend time on rides because the attractions there were tons and one day was not enough.  In fact, we didn't go to all of them.  We chose to visit the ones we don't have back home. So to speak, we decided to go for the OCEAN THEATER.  Every attraction there has a schedule, so always refer to the map. The sky got dimmed and it drizzled a bit when we were walking our way through the theater. Good thing, we had umbrellas and I brought hats for me and Chesca.  We stopped a bit a shed and chewed the squid mom bought for HK$32. It was so yummy and gummylike.  We all enjoyed chewing it.  When you visit Ocean Park, do try that.  You'd love it!"


Chewing the yummy grilled squid while waiting for the drizzle to stop

03:30 PM - 04:30 PM
"FINALLY, the show began. Mom told us that there used to be a band play but that day, there was none. It was just music. We were all at the edge of our seat waiting for the five dolphins to perform. The first who did their stunt and prowess wit were two funny black sea lions. Next was the Sea Dream show by the five smart dolphins. Watch these videos.
all seated at the theater and patiently waiting for the show to start at 3:30 pm
With my all-time inspiration

two funny sea lions amused us

how dolphins helped humans drowning

"What can I say? I was speechless. hahaha. The sea lions were so funny. They're trained so well. I liked the dolphin show but loved more the first dolphin show I saw last time back home. I used to have a dolphin earring, ring and necklace. Not so obvious I love them. hahaha.

The kids loved the show. I saw in my daughter's eyes the sparkle of joy.  How I treasure those moments.  

One funny experience I had was when I peed.  Usually the bathroom was full.  I stood in line and an old Chinese lady stood after me.  I was signaling with my up and down head movement that she can go ahead of me.  She was speaking in Chinese.  All I understood was thank you.  My chinese lesson paid off at least. hahaha.  My mom was always mistakenly thought of as Chinese there."

No comments:

Which is Better: PAID or FREE Cosplay Event?

What is Cosplay? Cosplay. a portmanteau of "costume play" is an activity and performance art in which participants called cosplaye...