Saturday, July 28, 2018

How to Enjoy Boracay Island with CHEAP ACTIVITIES

CHEAP BORACAY ACTIVITIES

Traveling with your child in a famous beach like Boracay? Here's a traveler motherly tips to get you prepared.  So don't be scared if you don't have a lot of cash. Here are some cheap/free DIY activities I had with my 6 year-old, Chesca Marley. 
  1. Surfing board photo shoot with paddle  :  100/ 15 minutes
"So, after seeing some people trying the surfing, I asked the guy and he said an hour would be P350. Too pricey. hahaha. Anyway, he agreed with P100 just for 15 minutes trying and the photo session. The other 15 minutes was paid by the two visitors. Chesca had to do it first. She was composed after learning to stand using the paddle. Here are her photos. After her try-out,she whispered to me how she liked it and wanted to be a surfer. Ahuh...possible..with some lessons.First I told her she has to learn swimming."


HOW TO DO PADDLE BOARDING  

1.  Get on the board thru lying position.
2. Use your thighs and spread across the board.
3. Take your thighs and legs in front of you.
4. Fold your other knee for your support. Do it slowly.
5. Get enough strength from your knees.  Make sure your feet are stable on the board.
6. With the help of the oar, get your stance.
7. Get up and put some space in the middle of your stance to balance.
8. Once you have balanced yourself, use to oar the paddle slowly.

Next was me, good thing my mom arrived. She took my photos trying to stand using the paddle. What a struggle! The waves was making me wobbly. hahaha. But I did it. Yahoo! The short time standing on the board made me realize how strong a surfers knee is. You have to stand and glide with the waves. Whew! I guess I'd rather go cheering with the crowd. hahaha. A very good experience for both of us. Chesca was affront the board so here we are!


My mom was ever supportive!!! thanks mom. After she took photos of us, the surfer guy took us our photos. Thank you manong. Here we are!  Magnifico!


2. Sand-forming like clay-forming. FREE

"So back to the sands, Chesca and I decided to make the sand version of Olaf. She loved my idea. hahaha. My childlike heart reminiscing. We had fun forming Olaf the Sandman. She loved looking for the corals as body parts like hands, feet, eyes and nose.It was drizzling then but we didn't mind it. Chesca used the clear plastic cup to cover him. So sweet!!!"


3.  Photo-shoot with the local-made Boracay Sand dunes.
20/per head

4.  Dip-in & Float. FREE.

"Ama and Chesca had their bonding moment. Mom always train Chesca how to do the right immersion to overcome fear of water. She was beginning to love the underwater.Thanks mom!"
"I found out I had my period so I was bummed on the bench. hahaha. I made sure I took photos of them. Good thing the digicam had a zoom option. I was very happy seeing them spend some quality time together in a beautiful island of Bora. 

I was reflecting the life we had as family way back when I was kid. Time went by so fast. My mom never failed to be strong for us.  She's my hero. Without her, it would have been so difficult for me to move on as a single mom. I love her deeply.So even though, Bora vacation was my late birthday treat, it felt like hers too.

Joining us also was Sis. Merle Ferre. She's my wardmate at church.  With her permission, we used her citibank credit card to pay for the air fare taking advantage of the promo offer way back a year ago.  We've become closer as she also serves in the primary organization. Do you know she can psyche you?! Yeah, she does read people and future using your birthdate. I had mine written. hahaha. She and mom easily gets along as much as we do so it was a great company."


5. Skies-the-limit SWIMMING in the pool at the hotel. FREE.




6.  Shells/corals collecting.

Who wouldn't enjoy walking along the shores and collecting different shells.  Ama and Chesca had their diligent search for them.  But after, they had to return it to the sea.  We only took pictures of them.  Still, it was worth the moment and adventure.


No comments:

Which is Better: PAID or FREE Cosplay Event?

What is Cosplay? Cosplay. a portmanteau of "costume play" is an activity and performance art in which participants called cosplaye...