Saturday, April 29, 2017

Top 3 Reasons Why Our Batch Chose Jackridge's Resort & Resto

I was happy I made the choice and decision to join our high school reunion and with Charlotte's kind support, I made it.  I will always cherish those memories.  I felt so refreshed and recharged.  Imagine I was working-at-home for 2 years. Since then, I made the decision to travel once-in-a-while here in my country.

Our batch in highschool (Cotabato City Institute 1992) organized our first ever reunion and I decided to go.  I have been teaching English online so I thought of taking a break for a while. Charlotte Lu and I kept in touch as we helped each other out with the organizing.

can't get enough selfies with this lil one @ NAIA 3 & Davao International Airport

Mom, Chesca and I flew to Davao City.  It was Chesca's first flight at 2 years old. We were excited for her. Her dad came to visit and see us at the airport terminal.  How was she during the take-off and flight?  Amazing!  She did not cry. Such a brave little munchkin. I just made sure she's pre-occupied with her milk and water.  After an hour, we landed Davao City.  Uncle Edwin (my aunt Zeny's hubby) with Louie, my cousin picked us up.  His gf was also with them.  Before we drove to their home, we ate at a Chinese Resto.  Just in time for my hungry tummy.

Louie drove their car.  We brought his gf to their home first then we drove to Bajada.  Aunt Zeny and Chuchay were happy to see us.  We were too!  Chesca seemed to easily play with Chuchay and uncle Edwin.  She called him papa. hahaha.  It was so nice to see them again.  I love my aunt Zeny a lot. She's an awesome cook.  Since it was really late at night, we prepared ourselves to bed.  I prepared my stuff to bring for our reunion at Samal.  I hope Chesca won't cry to see me leaving.

catching up old times with mom's college friend Edna



Top 3 Reasons Why We Chose Jack's Ridge & Resto:

1.  FOOD.  According to my batch mates already living in Davao, Jack's Ridge's food is something to be proud of.  It's yummy for a price.  

At Taklobo Resto, it offers a wide array of delectable dishes. It offers Dabawenyo cuisine famous the world over.  There's grilled tuna, chicken and pork, kinilaw, sinigang, and others to surely satisfy even the most discriminating palate.  (We had those - yummy!!)


The following night, my highschool batchmates and I met. We ate dinner at Jack's Ridge Resort and Resto at Shrine Hills, Davao City.  You could imagine the endless chat we had that night.  Everyone seemed to have a lot of stories to tell.  Though not everyone came, we had a great dinner. 

Speaking of dinner, the food was amazing especially the grilled tuna and inihaw squid and liempo.  Some grilled tuna has an after taste. But theirs was clean.  My palate was just savoring the fresh tuna taste.  

The inihaw squid did not smell stench.  Some inihaw may leave a stench smell especially for squids.  I guess, they used a different kind of sauce. Maybe with some ginger powder on it.  hehehe. 

I enjoyed eating and chatting at the same time. hahaha.  Too bad I didn't take the photos we ate.

Check out their menu : 
http://www.jacksridgedavao.com/rates_regular_menu.php

Map of the resto

http://www.jacksridgedavao.com/contactus.php
2.  AMENITIES.  

It has Taklobo Restaurant, Kai's Bar & Grill, Penmar Hall I and II, Tap Room Piano and KTV, Karlos Gourmet and Coffee, Souvenir Shop, Kool Kat's Pool, Cottages, and Amphitheater.  A resort and resto rolled into one. How accessible is that?!  


Our boys had some bottles of beer.  Our reminiscing was endless.  We talked about our new lives and the challenges we were facing.  I was so surprised to know Cherrie Dawn already had a 16 yo. Where did time go?  She got married at 18.  Wow!  We met her husband too.  He was very kind and supportive.  I was open to share about my marriage falling apart.  They listened and were very supportive especially the boys.

Good thing William Ho, first on the right, came.  He's our batch treasurer and Geoffrey Jao, our batch president, gave a go signal to use some of our batch funds.  How cool was that?!  I heard, they saved our collected funds in a bank.  So in time, it also accrued interest.  Such a wise idea!  

groupies and girl groupies

3.  AMBIENCE.  The night becomes so young with the hanging twinkling lights from the trees and poles.  It felt like it's already Christmas. hahaha.  But it invited the spirit of glee.  What better combination is there than Good Food+Good Ambience = GOOD Experience.  


After dining, we went to another place where some of them had coffee and a bottle of beer.  I just had pineapple juice. There, we continued chatting.  Cherrie Dawn was fetched by her hubby.  Uncle Edwin fetched me.  Chesca was happy to see me again. 


Next time you visit Davao, try dining at Jack's Ridge Resort & Resto!  You won't regret.


MY EXPENSES:  Flight to Davao (RT) 2,300 x 2 = 4,600php

MY EXPERIENCE:  FULL & HAPPY

MY LEARNING:  CANDID & REAL












No comments:

Which is Better: PAID or FREE Cosplay Event?

What is Cosplay? Cosplay. a portmanteau of "costume play" is an activity and performance art in which participants called cosplaye...