Saturday, April 29, 2017

Recycling Bulova Bruce 1950-51 Watch into RINGS

What do you know about BULOVA Watches?  I know a little about it not until this last week, when mom decided to have my late dad's Bulova watches melted or recycled into two rings (for her and mine).

My dad passed away for almost two years now (since May 15, 2015).  Mom has kept his things and trinkets.  He's like Tinkerbell. He kept a lot of old stuffs and things, which I thought of no value at all.  My mom has shown me his watch collections last year.  It has no appeal to me.  There were some hand-over watches from my cousins that I kinda like but never really had the time to fix it.  I am not a watch person at all.

Just last week, my mom went to pick-up the two rings, our brother from the church melted.  Bro. Rommel Cruz, is a watch-pro fixer and a great jeweler.  He melted two of my dad's Bulova 10K Rolled Gold Plate Bezel outside casing mixed with the American gold ring dad gave mom.  She came home and gave mine to me.  I thought, "Hey! this looks amazing - gold of course!"

My new gold ring from dad's Bulova Bruce 1950-51 10k Rolled Gold Plate Bezel
+ american gold ring



looks amazing on my ring finger!

somewhat like this as far as I remember

And then, my journey to an unexpected inclination - Learning about Bulova old watches BEGAN!

Here's what I found out:

FIRST BULOVA:


1.  Bulova watch has a Model Name:  Dad's was of Bruce 1951
2.  Case Date: 1951
3.  Case Serial: 1145704
4.  Signature Locations:
Inside Case, Outside Case, Movement, Dial, Crown
5.  Case Signature Format: Inside Case - "Bulova, New York"
                                           Outside Case - "Bulova"

6.  Movement : 10 BT, 15 Jewels, Unadjusted
7.  Movement Date Code: 1951
8.  Case Material Description: 10K Rolled Gold Plate Bezel/ Stainless Back
9.  Case Dimension, Case Type, Crystal Specifications (I did not get these)

Inside Case and the signatures

10BC, J9 Unadjusted, 15 Jewels, BXW

face of the watch

stainless back


SECOND BULOVA:

1.  Bulova watch has a Model Name:  Dad's was of Bruce 1951
2.  Case Date: 1951
3.  Case Serial: 8130528
4.  Signature Locations:  Inside Case, Outside Case, Movement, Dial, Crown
5.  Case Signature Format: Inside Case - "Bulova, New York"
                                           Outside Case - "Bulova"

6.  Movement : 10 BT, 15 Jewels, Unadjusted
7.  Movement Date Code: 1951
8.  Case Material Description: 10K Rolled Gold Plate Bezel/ Stainless Back
9.  Case Dimension, Case Type, Crystal Specifications (I did not get these)


face of the watch

10 BC, 15 Jewels, 47 Unadjusted, BXIV
stainless back

inside casing signatures




Mom's Expenses:

1. Fare to Caloocan from Montalban - 105 php
2. Fare from Caloocan to Montalban - 105 php
3. Prof Fee of Bro. Cruz - cannot be disclosed here.  (Please contact him for his services and fees)

You may contact Bro. Rommel :  09357815393 c/o Cezyle Cruz (his wife) 




No comments:

Which is Better: PAID or FREE Cosplay Event?

What is Cosplay? Cosplay. a portmanteau of "costume play" is an activity and performance art in which participants called cosplaye...