Monday, April 3, 2017

The Red Bow

Blogged 01.11.2012/ 8:29 am


I have always loved arts...drawing and painting.  Won several awards in elementary and highschool.  Wanted to finish Fine Arts in BYU-Hawaii... So, i am a frustrated trained artist by brush.  Now, I just use the mouse to paint. How nice it is to paint in the computer. Wanna share with you some of these paintings with my thoughts about it.

The Red Bow
I grew up in teens with those unlikely waves and curls.  I really didn't like it back then.  Envious of those girls who had straight hair.  But I managed my hair style with a lot of hair accessories like headbands, clips and bows.  Thanks to my mom who always bought me some.  I am blessed to have a hair color like my mom - brown and sometimes lighter.  During my teenage years, my hair was really light brown - people commented it was like the corn hair or like a diver's hair. We call it here 'Bajao' (natives in Zamboanga who'd dive for any coin you toss into the sea ~ even babies know how to swim).  Some girls would ask me if I dyed my hair.  So happy to respond - its natural.  Thanks to my Spanish roots.  There was one time, while walking on my way home, a gay approached me.  He said if I ever cut my hair, I should go to his parlor.  He would be glad to make the hair into a wig so he can wear it. I haven't dyed my hair color not until I was 33 together ~ milk rebond and cellophane.  Since 2000's, everything about hair is possible.  So now, my hair is straighter.  I even had a hair cellophane before my 2011 bday.  Here's how it looked like -  this is dark brown by the way.

after the hair cellophane

So this painting is pretty much about me.  Here's how my first major rebond looked like.  Spent 1,000 for it. Attended our High school reunion in Davao with it.  So glamorously flaunting my hair, really.  I was always scared of doing something to my hair.  Well, it's time to shake-off some skins.  HELLO NEW HAIR!!!

rebonded and lovin it
beachy feeling...
no editting...thanks to Karen s photography skills

No comments:

Which is Better: PAID or FREE Cosplay Event?

What is Cosplay? Cosplay. a portmanteau of "costume play" is an activity and performance art in which participants called cosplaye...