Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Cook & Eat it @ Yakimix Buffet, SM North


Milestones meant great celebration.  Here's where we had ours!

Yakimix offers Asian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean cuisines.  The serving type is buffet and you can grill/fry on your table.  They open 11 am to 2:30 pm and 5 pm to 9:30 pm, Monday to Sunday. They also provide free buffet for birthday celebrants. They have actually 8 branches mall-wide. The regular price is 700 php but you can make use of metrodeal voucher for 400 php.  Make sure you arrive early to book your table as there are many customers (mind you).

ITINERARY 

Life is like a journey.  We all have steps to take and decisions to make.  Last July 2014, our family joined a happy feast at Yakimix, SM North to wish Leah and Justin (my younger brother's wife and son) a happy trip for their flight to California, USA.  Their immigrant papers finally got approved so they have to live there and claim it.  We are indescribably glad of that good news!  The lunch date was my mom's idea.  

09:30 AM - 10:30 AM - ETD Baesa/ Taxi to SM North
"Dad, mom, Chesca and I took the 45 minutes cab going to SM North from Baesa.  Dad paid for the P150 fare. We waited for them (my elder brother's family, Andrei and John's family).  Both were already on the way (Andrei's family from Montalban and John's from Pasig)." 

11:00 AM - 11:30 AM - ETA SM North, Yakimix Resto/Waited
"Finally around past 11 a.m., John's family arrived.    

We already got in and started scooping in from the buffet table when Andrei's family came. We stood in line and took our seats. We occupied the long large table for the entire family. The cousins were happy to have seen each other again.

My eyes and appetite were glued on the makki's. It was my church bff Grace Reamon who introduced California makki to me and since then, I have loved it. At Yakimix, different versions of makki were available. I wanted to try all of them. hahaha.  Chesca also wanted to try them. Thus, I got the not-so-commercialized makki. John was telling me the good ones so I tried them too. I also got some fresh squid, pork, bacon, fish and hotdogs for frying.  You can actually fry them on the pan-on-table.  So cute! 

11:30 AM - 1 PM - Enjoyed buffet/ ate lunch heartily/family conversations  

butter-frying hotdogs and sea foods

desserts
"While eating, everyone was happy.  We reminisced some old stories and I asked some questions to Leah regarding their immigration. They even proposed to find a partner there for me.  I responded a sound yes. hahaha. Why not?  I deserve another chance right?!  She's pregnant of their second child then. Wow! An additional to the group.  


Chesca and the kids obviously chose the sweets and desserts especially ice cream.  They enjoyed running and getting some candies on the buffet table.  What made it more exciting for them was just being there giggling and having fun especially after the lunch.  It's really good to see them complete. Justin who's based in Pasig rarely gets the time to play with them.  So the aloofness at first may not be avoided. However, after some minutes, the five of them were already talking to each other. Sweet! I really hope someday when they grow older, the closeness is still there.



1:00 PM - 2:00 PM - End of lunch/catching-up/photo sessions
"After the hearty lunch buffet, Leah gave the kids some cash.  Such a big heart ~ thank you tons. They (John and Leah paid for the buffet).  Kids below 3 feet like Justin, Noelle and Chesca are free. While per head of adult is P700 each.  We've learned that John's family and Leah's side are loyal customers there.

Mom left early because she had to go to Tandang Sora Chapel for her Dressmaking Class. She patiently shares her sewing skills to relief society sisters who enrolled in her class as part of the Self Reliance Program of the church.  Too sad I didn't get to love sewing.  I wonder why?  Maybe because when I was younger, while helping mom sewing buttons, hook & I and button holes, I always pricked my finger which hurt. hahaha. I do hope it's not too late to learn.  Perhaps I could start with tutu skirts which I am so interested in.  Hopefully by May, we could launch that small business (crossed fingers).

We took photos for our family to cherish.  One of my most awaited moments. 

John and his family had to go somewhere.  Andrei's family, dad, Chesca and I went to Tom's World where the kids played.  They spent their own money given by Tita Leah. 



FOOD & RESTO REVIEW

TASTE & FRESHNESS :  3
The viand was missing with something. Especially the ones we fried on the pan. Butter would have been better if it was salted butter. 

The ones we enjoyed was the fried rice, the cakes and ice cream desserts were totally fine.  

The makki tasted good enough. The sea weed wrap was fresh and crunchy.  The fish and fruit was also fresh.

The cold cuts section were not so fresh.  Most meat were bland.  Hope there were marinated versions.

CHOICES/VARIETY :  4
Makki alone had different types so yeah choices were good.  They also had fried rice, plain rice, binagoong rice and seafood rice.

QUANTITY  : 5
Well, it was buffet, so you can keep coming back unlimited.  I just have a small tummy so I'm not a good investment with buffets. 

UNIQUENESS :  4
Each section of the buffet was carefully planned and placed.  The fresh sea food and cold cuts were surrounded by ice to preserve it.  I love how it was creatively arranged.  Going back would be easy to track.  

AMBIENCE & CLEANLINESS:  4
Table is huge.  Lights are big.  Chandeliers hang so beautifully.  AC was a blast.  Air smelled clean even yummy with the butter grill.  

Table, chairs, utensils and grill were clean.  Plate was big and clean.  Serving buffet also clean and neatly arranged.

PRICE  :  3.5
Expensive for walk-in but vendor vouchers for discounts would help.

MANAGEMENT/STAFF:  4
Waiters and waitresses were friendly, accommodating and prompt.

Stolen Family Shots:










left-overs






No comments:

Which is Better: PAID or FREE Cosplay Event?

What is Cosplay? Cosplay. a portmanteau of "costume play" is an activity and performance art in which participants called cosplaye...