Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Hundred Islands National Park @ Alaminos, Pangasinan


One of the top tourists spots to visit while in Pangasinan is the famous Hundred Islands National Park. It has 123 islands and islets. These are scattered islands on the beautiful Lingayen Gulf. These islands float and looking from the aerial view would amaze you.

Now there are 4 major developed islands. These are Governor's Island, Marcos Island, Quezon Island and Children's Island. They have been developed for several water activities you can enjoy. 

HOW TO GET THERE

From EDSA Cubao, you can take the 4-5 hours bus ride.  Take the Alaminos route. Fare is around 400-500 pesos. It's best to take Victory Liner since they have wifi on board. Great way to keep you busy while on a long hour ride.
At Alaminos, take a tricycle to take you to Lucap Wharf in barangay Lucap. Fare is around 85-100 pesos that you can share with 4 people. 
At Lucap Wharf, go straight to the Tourism Office to get your boat rent which fee depends on the size of the boat. 
OR Contact a tricyle to take you to your hostel first for check-in. 

ACTIVITIES 

Island Hoping 
Cross Island Island Hoping
Picnicking/ Beach bumming
Ziplining
Kayaking
Snorkeling

BUDGET

Treasure Isle All-In Expenses   :  P 18,000
Included
* 1 Overnight of 2 airconditioned rooms
(2 family sized rooms/ 8 adults, 5 kids)
* Packed lunch at the tour
(rice, grilled fish, pork liempo, chicken adobo, grilled squid, crablets, watermelon, softdrinks, ice cubes with cooler, plates, spoon & fork, cups)
* Private Boat
* Tour Guide
* Buffet Dinner
(with Filipino and Italian menus - superb!)
* Breakfast Meals 

ITINERARY

03:00 AM - 07:30 AM   :   ETD Montalban, Rizal/Breakfast

2016 is indeed a FAMILY DAY for us.  My eldest brother, Andrei, a Civil Engineer, who works in Qatar spent his 1 month vacation (December 12 – January 12) with his family and us.  Each day was precious as you know.  Thus, we enjoyed it.  I was not able to join their out-of-town travels last December due to work but on January I was.
Last 8th of January, we left Montalban 3 am early headed to Alaminos, Pangasinan – HUNDRED ISLANDS. Vanessa drove their car, Greysee. Andrei was seated shot gun, mom on the right side back seat while I was on the left side and Chesca was atop my thighs.  All of us were excited!!! We also had Sheena with us, their new Shitzu pup.

We stopped by Mcdonalds at Tarlac and had a quick breakfast and stretching.  Mom and Sheena were left inside the car while the rest, went to eat breakfast.  I had the hamdesal with egg.  Then we drove on.
Vanessa relied on Waze, which is an App like a GPS. It’s a cool App, it talked but pronounced words very slang.  

07:30 AM - 08:00 AM   :   ETA Treasure Isle Guesthouse

"Treasure Isle is a very much Filipino camp inspired place to stay located in Alaminos.  Apart from their famous affordable native kubo (nipa hut), tents, tree house, they also have airconditioned rooms. It's perfectly situated where nature meets tranquility. Everyone can definitely call it a vacation.

Check-in time is at 2 pm and check out is 12 noon."

HOW TO GO THERE

* From Victory Liner Bus Terminal in Alaminos
head northwest on Alaminos-Sual Road toward F. Reinoso Street
* Turn right at the 1st cross street onto F. Reinoso Street
* Then left towards San Jose Drive.
* Turn right at the 2nd cross street onto San Jose Drive
* Then continue onto Alaminos-Lucap Road
* Treasure Isle Guesthouse will be on the left

We passed-over the small dirt road going to Treasure Isle Guesthouse but still found it after guessing which one among the small houses it could be. Nick, the Italian owner/manager saw us and showed Vanessa the way to park in their area.
We all got off the car and I proceeded directly to the garden where other Nipa-hut lodges were. I exclaimed “This is a beautiful place!” not knowing, a foreigner guy was there by the side. He was towering, with tattoos all over his body, blonde Mohawk hair style and had the most piercing eyes I’ve ever seen. We just looked at each other.

08:30 AM - 09:30 AM   :  Relaxed/Checked-in

So, the rest of the gang followed me and the kids sat at the swing. Nick was telling us to relax a bit while our rooms were being prepared.  He was ever polite, respectful and kind to answer our questions. His son, Noah, a 3 year old boy played with the kids especially Achilles’s hot wheels car.  Nick married a Filipina whom he met way back in Palawan, whom he said fell in love with the first time he saw her. Although during that time, his wife was still with an American, Nick did fell for her. They met through a common friend after 2 years and then were never separated.  Quite a love story huh?!  I wonder why others get to have this great love story. And yet, here I am still figuring out mine.
Nick said our rooms were ready so we loaded off our bags in the room.  We waited for the other group (Tito Rene, Tita Ofelia, Jason, Mark and Ianna) who came from Pampanga but Pip, their car broke down on the way. That was why Tito Rene was left there to have Pip fixed first while the others took the bus.  

09:00 AM - 04:00 PM   :   Island Hoping/Lunch @ Governor's Island/Beach Bumming

We decided to go to Hundred Islands first.  I made sure we had the sunblock on. I didn’t wanna get tan.  Why? Because it hurts when it peels off.  Hahaha. The lunch was ready so Nick’s wife drove their tricycle with Noah, and we followed her.  She’s one heck of a petite lady.  Hahaha. Nick also was there to check us driving another tricycle. We parked Greysee.  Then hopped in the boat.  The boat driver and assistant helped us.  Andrei and I made sure all of us had the life vest on.  

We had the sweet HUNDRED ISLANDS tour.  My heart was awed.  It was a special day because we were together as a family.  I suddenly missed dad.  Deep in my heart, I whispered “Hi dad! I know you see us from above…we missed you.”


We spent the rest of the hours at Governor’s Islands. There, the kids splurged by the seashore like it’s been ages.  You bet they were all excited and I took their photos as always. We were starving so we ate lunch.  Oh my! the food was perfect! We loved the taste and the preparation.  Treasure Isle Guesthouse – you rock!!!

After lunch, I took off my cover and swam a bit with Andrei and the kids but the seabed was full of sharp stones and rocks. My sole hurt.  I surrendered right away. Hahaha. So I just wore my cover again and had some photo shoot by my mom.  I helped mom with the table cleaning.  I washed the dishes for the next group.
My amazing photoshoot by mom


Mom's photoshoot
Andrei, the kids and I went to the other connecting island – Virgin Island.   Then Vanessa joined us. We traversed on an inflated bridge.  Then climbed up and down.  What a beauty!  Finally reached the other island and there took photos, corals and the kids played.  We walked back to Governor’s Island. Mom took us the video.
Off to the Virgin islands
Andrei fish watching with the kids
Atop Governors island...peeking thru Virgin island
Andrei and his family with Chesca


kids enjoying Virgin island sands
Virgin islands model...
The other group came by and ate their late lunch.  They didn’t get to spend a lot of time there because we had to leave at 4 pm.  But still they were able to take some photos, dipped and snorkel a bit. Above all, they had a tour after. Ianna and the two girls were so happy to have seen each other.

05:00 PM - 05:45 PM:  Back to TI G/Fixed-up

We arrived at TIG around 5 pm.  Tito Rene also arrived then. I bathed the 3 girls before me.  

06:00 PM - 08:00 PM   :   Buffet Dinner/ Bonfire

We had buffet dinner around 6 past at the second floor. Nick and his group prepared a variety of buffet – seafood section, Italian mini pizza pasta, soup and chicken. The prep was great.
The foreigner tall guy joined us. I was calling my brother – Drei! And he was looking at me – so I asked – is your name also Andrei? He nodded yes – only to find out his name was Henri. Maybe it rhymed.  He sat beside my brother and he taught him how to eat crabs.  He shared to us his age and bday  (March 4 – turning 29) and that he’s a PT – does massages.  Wow!
Bonfire craze
Noah and Ernie, his 7 year-old brother joined us and I kinda chatted with them. I love those two boys – maybe because I long to have a boy. Hahaha.  So we all went down to have the bonfire.  Noah, Ernie helped their dad, Nick prepare the bonfire. It was easy.  The kids had talent presentation, we sang and had a great time.
After that, I passed by and chit chatted a bit with Henri and Nick with Jason, Vanessa’s brother.  I learned that Henri flew straight from Finland to Manila then took the bus to Pangasinan. So he’s a Finn. Well, I knew he was not American.

08:00 PM - 08:30 PM   :   Brushed teeth/Slept

Our room was airconditioned so sleeping was good. Chesca and I slept together.

07:00 AM - 07:30 AM   :  Breakfast/Ready for Bolinao falls

The next day we all woke up and prepared ourselves for breakfast and departure. The breakfast was set at the garden.  It was yummy. Achilles gave his other hot wheels to Noah but kept his bugati. At 11, he already knows what he wants – CARS. Hahaha. I went back to Nick’s office and took the survey. I rated everything with 5. Henri passed by and gave me his calling card and said if I could help him find a place to stay in Manila for a night or two.  I replied with a sound yes.
We then continued our road trip.  Andrei drove their car. We had fun chatting while on the road. Such a family road trip.

Next stop was Bolinao Falls! Yey!  I love waterfalls.  
-to be continued


No comments:

Which is Better: PAID or FREE Cosplay Event?

What is Cosplay? Cosplay. a portmanteau of "costume play" is an activity and performance art in which participants called cosplaye...