Friday, January 16, 2015

Yummy Seafood Feast @ Galo's Grill


This grill and seafood palutuan is located at CW Home Depot, 1 Julia Vargas Ave corner Meralco Ave, Brgy. Ugong, Pasig City 1600.  You can call for inquiries and reservation at (02) 9140094. The place is cozy with clean and long tables - perfect for groups. The staff was also nice and friendly.  
Bring your marketed sea food, choose from their menu and they will cook it for you.  That is why it's called 'palutuan' (for cooking).

HOW TO GET THERE
Route MRT-Jeep:
1. Take the MRT Ortigas Station.

2. Drop off at Robinson's Galleria.

3. At the side of Robinson's (Ortigas extension),

    Ride a jeepney/fx to Rosario. Get off at Meralco Ave.

    Just look for Ortigas building and MC Home Depot.

Team Dong all seated and full after the seafood bash dinner
   
ITINERARY + BUDGET

12:00 NN - 02:00 PM   :   VTO/APE at the clinic
"Since we were given the freedom to take unlimited voluntary time out (VTO), Reizel, Shane and I grabbed the opportunity as usual. hahaha. So I also took time to take my Annual Physical Examination, which our company does once every year, I decided to start with it. I went down to the 15th floor and started with the height/weight and eyesight. I read 3 wrong letters from afar during the eyesight check-up. Shane only had to do the body fat analysis and she was done. I proceeded to the other door and waited for my turn for the blood check-up and peed on the small container for the urinalysis. Then, I sat on one of the lined-up chairs for the body check-up.Met and chatted with some colleagues I didn't get the names (silly me). I thought I was already finished but the body fat analysis nurse was on break so I decided to continue some other day."  

I went to 20th floor and there met with Reizel and Shane.  We chatted while waiting for Chona who happened to be on the phone still because her schedule run till 3:15.  We beautified ourselves before we went down the building.  It was so fun to try out looking at the camera while facing the mirror. So tricky and fun!  Here's the final pic!"
                 group selfie using Reizel's Sony Ericson phone (Me, Shane, Reizel and Chona L-R)

03:15 PM - 03:30 PM   :   Waited-up/ETD Net Plaza
"At the lobby, we decided to wait for UM Dong. We took some photos since our building was so festive with the Christmas decor. Oh how we love the door entrance.

After sometime waiting, we all decided to go ahead of UM Dong and took a cab. Inside the cab, the fun conversation about all sorts of things was endless. Here's a proof of our group selfie pics in it.  hahaha. Enrico paid for our P200 bill.Thank you Rico! You're the man."
Net Plaza entrance door so festive





03:30 PM - 04:45 PM   :   ETD Galo's Resto
"It was so traffic when we arrived Ortigas area. Shane was already feeling uncomfortable so yeah after realizing the cab was stuck, we decided to get off and walked since we almost reached our destination ~ Metrowalk (Home Depot). We contacted TL Anne and asked for the landmark of Galo's Grill & Seafood Palutuan.  We easily found her standing outside the resto.








TL Anne, Ivy, Rhea and Grace went ahead of us to do the marketing and requested the cooking of the fresh sea food menu. So, when we arrived, our minds were set to just eat...hahaha. 

The team would like to thank UM Dong for the P3,000 chip in for that team dinner. Such a big heart! Two-thumbs up! So, we just added P200 per head. Not bad for a seafood dinner. Agree?

We were chatting while waiting for UM and yes, the meals were already prepared on the other table. So, I took photos of them before they all get digested in our tummies."

04:45 PM - 05:15 PM   :   Dinner preparation/Dinner Served   
05:15 PM - 06:00 PM   :   DINNER Time
"Looking at the list of our seafood menu on the plate made everyone gasped in hunger. hahaha. Not mention, we were starving from shift.  TL Anne called UM and he permitted us to eat ahead of him. So, yeah we all got excited on our seafood feast. I think all of us loved seafood. Not to mention even JP who has the allergy.




baked tahong
It tasted fresh and the cheese and butter melted together - so yummy in the mouth.


shrimp tempura
The prawns are large.  It was also crunchy and the flour used is new.

spicy shrimp
I loved the spicy taste.




I love this soup so much. I never thought maya maya fish would be good for sour soup.

the fish was so tender inside and it's white and fresh

one of my faves. the squid was easy to chew and fresh


UM Dong came and he ate the food we set aside for him. We were trying to win the yema cake he brought with him but it was unsuccessful. While he ate, we had some fun chatting. A bit later, Jeff came. Jeff, JP and Carlo just joined the team because their old team was dissolved. Jeff and I used to be teammates with Team Jeffrolets. Thus, he and I are already close. He sat beside me and ate." 
A  F   T   E   R



Such a good way to enjoy the team ~ eating healthy seafood.  We ALL LOVED the menu.  I can't stop saying 'sarap naman ~ yummy)

06:00 PM   :   Team mates left/Dinner done
Half of the team left early after their dinner (Grace,Kath,Cha,Joy,Ivy,Rhea,Carlo).

After everyone's full, UM Dong and some of us (TL Anne, Rei, Chona, Shane, Kristel, Rico, JP,Yannie with bf Mike, Jeff, Vircel, and I), were left there enjoyed our hilarious conversation of all topics but mainly about love with some beer on the side. Of course, I didn't drink. But it never ruined the fun. TL Anne,Kristel,Jeff and JP left around 10 pm. 

So, it was a great bonding experience to get to know our boss a bit deeper than a manager. His skill managing subordinates is impeccable. Yes, I have been with some unit managers in our company but with him, I have been true to myself and he has brought the most responsible me. Let me share here that he finished Physical Therapy and had his OJT at Pascual Hospital in Baesa.  He's from Samar and born on December 12th. He has earned some great citations in the office but his feet are kept on the ground ~ so humble. His way of mentoring us is uniquely patterned to our characters.  I could say ~ Bravo!  Kudos boss! 







Yannie, Chona, Me, Rei and Shane


11:00 PM   :   Shane & I left together
"Around 11 evening, Shane and I decided to leave. Charlone told Shane to just ride a cab since it was already late. I rode with her and she gave me P200. From Ortigas to Munoz going to my place, Sta. Quiteria. It was just right for it. Inside the cab, the two of us just sat and chatted how relaxed we felt.  She dropped off at Munoz and I asked the driver to drive through Sta. Quiteria. Thanks Shane!
Rei, Chona, Yannie with Mike, Rico, and UM Dong still went to a club where they continued to party. They obviously had a good time. Look at the photo below. I bet Chona was hyped!  From their story, she danced on the floor and the band vocalist was fond of her. hahaha. Way to go Chona! Except Rei and Chona, they didn't pay at Galo's for the beer. But they chipped-in for the beer at the other bar. 

I was told Yannie sang on the stage. Whoa! So love that...too bad Shane and I missed it!"

Rei with hair tied-up feeling hot because of the drink

I guess it is easier to go home than knowing how to get to a destination especially for the first time. During such team building I realized that positions at work must be used with wisdom. Work without play is dead. A little bit of fun adds more excitement to work.  So, don't just work...have time to play or do something you love!! Never lose that self!















No comments:

Which is Better: PAID or FREE Cosplay Event?

What is Cosplay? Cosplay. a portmanteau of "costume play" is an activity and performance art in which participants called cosplaye...