Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Tagaytay, the BEAUTIFUL: TRAVEL GUIDE + BUDGET + Overnight ITINERARY



TAGAYTAY, one of my bucket lists - CHECKED. Why is it famous?

Officially the City of Tagaytay, is a component in the province of Cavite.  One of country's MOST POPULAR tourist destinations because of its outstanding scenery and tropical monsoon cooler climate provided by its high altitude. The average temperature of 24 degrees centigrade or 75 degrees farenheit (average humidity is 78%). It is misty all the time and cooler during December, January and February. Northeasterly winds prevail from October to April. Winds come from southwest from May to September.

Very ideal for sports, picnics, conferences, honeymoons, country homes, kite flying, and spiritual retreats.

It is overlooking Taal Lake in Batangas and provides one of the iconic views of the Philippines. 

Relatively close to the capital of Manila, only 55 km (34 mi) away via Aguinaldo Highway, is an easy escape for the locals.


HOW TO GET THERE
via private car 

From Cubao to Tagaytay. Pls click image for better image resolution

From Baclaran to Tagaytay. Pls click image for better image resolution

VIA COMMUTE

FROM CUBAO
1. Take the bus. Victory Liner is the best by far.

FROM CALOOCAN
1.  Take the MRT 3 or LRT 1 to EDSA Station.
2.  Ride a bus to Nasugbu, Batangas.
3.  Drop off to Tagaytay. Just advice the conductor ahead.

FROM MAKATI/MANDALUYONG
1.  Take the MRT 3 to Taft Station.
2.  Ride a bus to Nasugbu, Batangas.
3.  Drop off to Tagaytay.  Just advice the conductor ahead.

FROM MANILA
1.  From Taft, in front of Rizal Park, take the bus with signage Tagatay.
BUDGET
Team building share : 1,000 php (includes rent of the place & food)
Extra Food :  300
Pasalubong : 300
Fare back to Caloocan:  50
Total :  P 1,650

ITINERARY: DAY ONE 02.12.13
16:00  Meet-up at Car Park infront of Net Plaza building
"After work, the team gathered at the building lobby. Mom brought Chesca to the office. We ate at Sandwich Guy first while waiting for the other teammates. Chesca had an easy adjustment with some teammates. They were nice to her. After we're completed, we got in the van and off we traveled to Tagaytay. We were all excited and happy cracking some jokes. Travel time was about 2 hours"

17:00  ETA Tagaytay

19:00  Done preparing dinner/DINNER
"Gina and Dottie were already cooking when we arrived.  They arrived there ahead of us.  Gina was super busy with the sinigang...yummy! and Dottie with the grilled liempo and milk fish. So we helped them.  I was enjoying preparing the lettuce.  Our TL Kim, was busy frying the dynamite. It's cheese rolled into the large green chillies.  Awesome!  The chefs were Gina, Dottie and Kim. Assistants were Eyna, Florence, Rhea, Brenda, Mye and Me."
preparing dinner
the celebrants Mark and Brenda


It was also Brenda's and Mark's birthday. What a feast!  Just look at the picture of our food galore. So after the heartfelt prayer of Jun, we sang happy birthday to them and dug in. So exhausted with the 1 and a half hour trip...hahaha.
21:00  Team Videoke and Truce
"After that, we had our team conference with a question and answer portion. 

PROCEDURE OF THE GAME:
1. Each one had to pick a question from the ball and answer it. My question was ~ how would you know if it was true love?  Waaahahaha...of all the questions. My answer was it's an answer I've been trying to discover myself. hahaha. I had many things to share but didn't know where to start. That is a major problem. I guess I felt awkward because honestly until now, it's an on-going process.  Not that I haven't learned from before. I just couldn't gather all the feelings into one. 
2. Every after question, a song was sung. Eyna, our singer teammate was ever volunteering. Love her voice. Oh my! How I wish I could sing like her. Our boys too were great singers like our manager Jeffrey Cruz. That team building unleashed their singer prowess.  They drank some liquor and still enjoyed singing with the videoke while Chesca and I had to sleep early."  

22:00  Cleaned-up/Watch TV/Chat/Sleep
"Before the team gathered at night, the ladies watched tv.  The story was about a teenage boy who had a temporary amnesia who's forgotten the girl frend by memory but not by heart. Such a cute love story. Brenda shared from that tv series ~ "The heart remembers what the mind forgets." So true!" 
ITINERARY:  DAY TWO 02.13.2013
06:00 AM - 07:30 AM  :   Bathed/ Breakfast
"In the morning, we ate a hearty breakfast prepared by Gina again.  We all took a bath before eating. Chesca was already calling me because she was hungry. I hurried getting ready. While waiting for everyone to get ready, I sang some songs with Jeffrey, Wong and Jun.  Jeffrey sang most of our genre songs. hahaha. We knew the same songs. Funny!  Gina also sang like a pro. Chesca just dipped into some left-over chocolates and cereals for breakfast."

Villa Corazon and the models
Villa Corazon's scenic view in the morning

08:00 AM - 09:00 AM  : Relax/ Sing/ Waited for others/Photoshoot"And of course, enjoyed the beauty of the place by taking pictures. Eyna, Brenda and I enjoyed the shoot. When everyone was all set, we drove to Sky Ranch and there continued our fun."

09:00  ETD to Skyranch
team pic before leaving villa corazon

09:20  ETA Skyranch
11:00  Enjoy Skyranch/Picture taking/Rides
Sky Ranch was a new themed park in Tagaytay.  It features the tallest Ferris Wheel aka Sky Eye in the Philippines.  Sky Eye is 63 meters tall. It has 32 air-conditioned gondolas that can occupy 4 persons each. It is a 10 minute ride and when you are at its peak, you will get 360 degrees scenic view of the whole Taal. (wikipedia)


Team Jeffrolets At Sky Ranch Ferris Wheel background

Eyna, Jun, Chesca and I took the butterfly ride.  Whoa! She was screaming to stop. hahaha.  Then she and I enjoyed the airplane ride. We didn't ride the Ferris Wheel because she was scared as i was...hahaha (just using her excuse). But of course, we had tons of pictures.  How she loved her pose with the horses.  Too bad the fee to ride was expensive than I thought (just being financially smart).  So maybe next time.

Eyna and I with the same shades
the beautiful ladies of the team
11:30 AM - 01:00 PM   :  LUNCH at Josephine's
"After enjoying at Sky Ranch, we drove to Leslie's, a restaurant known for its bulalo.  It was a hearty lunch and yeah the bulalo was fabulous. But hey, the chip in was unexpected at whopping 300.  Result = empty pocket! hahaha"
Bulalo lunch at Leslie's
01:00 PM - 02:00 PM   :  Taal Lake view and picture taking
"The team rested for a while and there took photos of the Taal Lake. I was so happy because Chesca was my little photographer. I could rely on her photography skills at 5 years old.  Amazing!
I have always love looking things from atop.  I love the idea that I can measure an entire house or city just using my fingers...feels like a giant!  Yeah, when I was in highschool I wrote an essay about how I see my life 10 years from 1992. Part of that essay was wanting to become a flightstewardess. Aside from loving heights, I wrote there the wish of wanting to hold the clouds. Been wondering how it feels like to hold or touch the clouds?  hahaha." 







We also enjoyed the incredible site of Taal Lake.  We took pictures here and there.  It's been a while since I saw another Volcano.  The first one I saw was the Mt. Mayon Volcano at Bicol way back 2003. Wish to also share my experience about it with you guys.



taken afar right and left angle of the mountains at a distant Taal Lake
02:00 PM                      :   ETD Tagaytay
"We bought some delicacies before going home. I bought buko pie which I accidentally left in the taxi. I panicked because on the way home, in a cab with UM Mervin, Chesca was tearful due to stomach pain. It's good I had vicks. I gently rubbed it on her tummy and said a heartfelt prayer. She had a nap until we arrived home safe.  Mervin paid for the fare and so we thanked him."
04:00 PM                      :   ETA Manila/Taxi with Um via Nova
04:00 - 5:00 PM           :    Novaliches to Baesa/HOME

10 things to PACK for Overnight to Tagaytay

1.  Light clothes for inner wear.  Towels and towellets too.
2.  Don't forget your jacket. With hoodies is better.
3.  Remember to bring umbrellas and shades too.  Even if it's cold in Tagaytay, the sun also sets high.
4.  Bring lip gloss to avoid lips from cracking.
5.  Don't forget socks. It helps during sleeping.
6.  Sneakers or close shoes are better than open ones.  
7.  Ready water jug always in the back pack.
8. Don't forget your camera! :) If you rely on your phone, make sure you empty space from SD card.  
9.  Heavy snacks like energy bars, cupcakes, cookies and ready-to-drink cereals helps.
10.  Medicines or ointments for emergencies.  I always bring my Katinko with me.

I wish I could always tag Chesca along with my trips.  She was the only kid there.  I would like to thank Eyna, Jun, Brenda, Rhea, Flo, Kim and Isa for entertaining Chesca.  Their efforts will always be remembered.  She was ever talkative with them. hahaha.  She said Eyna was her new mom...really?!

Team Jeffrolet (UM Jeffrey Cruz) warmly welcome me when my schedule was moved to 5 am to 2 pm.  I was the only weekend off in the team.  Anyhow, UM Jeff accepted me.  Eyna was the very first to welcome me and the rest followed (Sweet, and Gina ~ the four of us were close).  But it was also in that team, I became close with Isabella who until now is a great friend.  She's a dazzling lady with tons of book wisdom.  I would always remember the day we talked about how to win a guy back. hahaha.  I guess  I am a friend to everyone.  Hope so!  I had good times with Team Jeffrolets.  Thank you so much guys!  Too bad we missed Sweet...

During that time, I pondered my repentance and I felt a sense of peace communing with the nature.  I felt so small yet so dominantly responsible as He said, I will give you dominions over the earth...'  I know I have this power to choose the right so I can enjoy the beauty of peace.  It was a connection that started to fit the puzzle once more.  Truly God speaks with His creation.  It's all up to us to listen, understand and heed. 

























No comments:

Which is Better: PAID or FREE Cosplay Event?

What is Cosplay? Cosplay. a portmanteau of "costume play" is an activity and performance art in which participants called cosplaye...