Sunday, October 16, 2016

Ocean View, Subic + Travel Guide + Budget + Itinerary

Oh yeah!! It is summertime once again in the Philippines. The climate is H O T and sometimes even boiling. But hey! This is an anticipated season for Filipinos. You bet, everyone’s excited to go to nowhere else except the  B E A C H or swimming pools. 

Our destination goal was Pampanga by car to Subic by van. We took the free and calm early morning trip to Pampanga – Subic.  Vanessa, my sister-in-law drove greysee, their gray car while I was seated shot gun until we reached the meeting place to pick up Aunt Edna, my mom’s younger sister who came from Cotabato City.  Her son, Bon was left at Johnny’s, my younger brother’s place.

During the trip, being seated in front, I had the pleasure of taking photos of our mountainous place – Montalban.  I have learned to love our place.  The mountains around makes it perfect.  So here are some of my raw shots from my Huawei GR5 phone.  I so love my phone. It is true that even when you take a photo while in motion, it captures perfectly. 


Unfiltered early morning sunrays

Pampanga clear and cloudy skies road trip

My younger brother John drove my aunt Edna to the meeting place.  We were happy to have seen each other after so many years.  So, the two boys (Isaiah and Achilles) took my seat in front and I sat at the back beside Noelle then Chesca while mom’s seated beside my aunt.  Of course, our conversation was flowing.  We invited aunt Edna to join us while she’s on her short trip accompanying her son, Bon to take the exam to work on cruise.  She was definitely happy joining us.

me, Noelle, aunt Edna and mom

Sheena and Chesca by the window

We arrived at Pampanga (Christian’s place – brother of Vanessa) around 10 am.  The four of us went to SM Clark.  SM seems to be everywhere.  :)  Mom and Aunt Edna strolled around to catch up with old times while Vanessa and I bought grocery.  We split the bill.  We also bought some beach accessories for the kids.  Mom and Aunt Edna met us after we paid for the grocery and drove back to the apartment.  


My pretty neice, Noelle and I posing for the afternoon
Mom and Aunt Edna chatting the afternoon away


After eating lunch, we watched some Portuguese Idol show then at 3 pm strolled around Clark again.  Vanessa brought us to Duty Free.  I saw some locals (aetas) outside the store selling some fruits.  The heat was not a bother.  I admire those people. Even on barefoot, their face did not show any trace of complain about life.  Their kids even help the mothers sell fruits.  

We ate the 500 worth of bbq mom bought for dinner.  I was already tired but managed to still take a quick shower.  We all did because it was so hot.  We slept at the other room (Jessa's room).  Aunt Edna and I still talked more.  Then by 11 pm we slept. 
Subic bound 
We all woke up with excitement for the Subic trip.  I changed into my swimwear and also had Chesca and Noelle changed. We had a quick breakfast before leaving.  The kids (Chesca, Noelle, Iana, Gabbi, and Achilles) were all set with their swimwear and floaters. Isaiah is already in his pre teens still was also excited.
Our group consisted of See family (my mom, Aunt Edna, Chesca and me), my brother's family (Vanessa, Isaiah, Achilles and Noelle) and brother's wife's family, the Vilo's (Tito Rene, Tita Ofelia, Jessa, Iana, Darwin, Gabbi, Jason and Mark).  That is why we rented a van (Jessa took care of it) for the entire group to fit in.  Good idea right?!

The van we rented came to pick us up around 6 am.  While traveling, we found out that the underwater camera was left so we drove back since we were still nearby.  What a shame on my part only to realize I also left our bag. hahaha.  So after getting the stuffs, we drove through Subic.  It took us less than 2 hours.  The travel was perfect especially with my earphones and music.  The fields we passed by were awesome.  How I love joyride and His creations.  It's been a while.  We arrived at Oceanview safe and all were excited to get out of the van.  Mom took a photo of me and Sam.  What a beautiful day!!!

Oceanview logo on the bench
Me and the fury playful Sam
The place was nice.  You could smell the sea breeze.  Ahh! So salty and fresh.  We walked towards the front cottage.  We unloaded our belongings and prepared the table.  As expected, the kids ran off to the sea.  The sun was already high but it didn’t matter.  Well, I applied sun block lotion to them so I didn’t worry too much. 

look at this...so relaxing!!

The mountains were majestic to behold and even though the sea shoreline had some litters like tires, corals and seaweeds, still the place was rejuvenating.  Once in a while, being with the sea is good for the health. Stress-reliever it was!

Without hesitation, the kids plunged into the sea.  You bet they were waiting for that excitement to be released while I was just under the cottage we rented.  Oh my it was too hot! hahaha. I was busy capturing these photos and just letting my mind float into the salty fresh air.

Dipping by the shore first
Noelle, Chesca and Iana enjoying the gray sands
We rented a cottage nearby the shore so we can still see the kids even while seated. One cottage was good for the group. We also rented a grill for the bbq (liempo and fish).  I think the cottage was around P1,000.  

Different vendors were also there trying to earn a living.  They were the residents of that place.  Most of them sell fresh caught fish, shrimps, shells and crabs.  I guess, as a Filipino, I can say, we work hard even in simple means to feed our families.  Our hardworking yet happy attitude is something to be proud of.  I helped in fixing the table for the food.  As usual, that's where I am good at.  Here are some of the photos in action.  





Tita Ofelia bought fresh fish and added to the tilapia we bought from the grocery the other day.  We started grilling the fishes, liempo and asparagus. 

Most of the adults were on the cottage preparing the food. Tita Ofelia marinated the liempo overnight.  She also cleaned the tilapia and bought additioal fresh fishes sold to us by the vendors in the resort.  Jessa and her hubby, Darwin did the grilling with a very short time assistance from me. hahaha. We had pork liempo, tilapia, fresh kinilaw, carrot cake, hotdog bbq and pansit.  

B
y lunch time, we called them up and Tito Rene led the prayer before we ate.  Everybody was starving. Hahaha.  Jessa’s red velvet cupcake and carrot cake was superb.  The green mangoes were all gone right after I peeled them off.  My two nephews love them.

newly cooked liempo

Jessa and her hubby Darwin grilling liempo and tilapia

Carrot cake and red velvet cupcake by Jessa
grilling asparagus
kinilaw made by tita Ofelia
Jason, posing for our all-time beverage, Coca-cola
Thereafter, the kids and other adults started swimming again.  I was too scared of the sun. Jason just took some shots I wanted.  I also did a lot of selfies instead.  Mom took a quick dip but me and my aunt Edna did not. Hahaha
Chesca was super happy.  I could see in her eyes the happiness money can’t buy.  This feeling makes me happy too.  As a mom, I will do anything to make my daughter happy.  Their giggles and laughter echoed from the shoreline to the cottage.  I took Noelle’s tumbling shots and video as I encouraged her to work on it. 

Noelle perfected her hand stand finally...so happy for her!
While the kids and a few of the adults were swimming, Aunt Edna, mom and I enjoyed the benches of the cottage...a few chit chat and of course photo shoots. Nothing beats the feeling of not worrying about anything except letting time pass by with pure fun and relaxation.
Sam looking so far at the sea

Finally took this shot with the coconut trees reflecting thru my mom's blue Ray-ban shades

and this time with my Pacific Blue yellow shades @ 300

listening to my playlist while feeling the heat on my skin by the sea shore


Noelle posing as a future swimmer

We packed-up and cleaned our cottage around 3 pm. I bathed Noelle, Iana and Chesca. After everyone's cleaned-up, and bought some souvenirs, we left.  Too bad, we left before the sun set.  I wanted to take a shot of the sunset…sigh*

Isaiah posing as I requested


Look at this photo.  Isn't it amazing and very calming?  One of the beauty of long trips is you get to just enjoy the scene. How I love rural lifestyle.  Just can't live in it right now.  This is the kind of life I am looking forward on my 50's.  What about you?  Where do you wanna spend old age?

The travel was smooth and fast. After a few hours, we arrived at Pampanga safe.  We made sure we got all of our stuffs and then Vanessa, mom, aunt Edna, the kids and I drove back to Montalban.  We just bought KFC bucket meal and happily ate it for dinner.  Tired but happy and contented.

Mom and aunt Edna still had a little chit chat but Chesca and I slept right away.  It was a hot summer happy adventure.  One thing I realized about life is “take it one day at a time…so you can savor all of it…every moment of it.”  I used to worry a lot about what the future but after having started traveling, it made me come to my senses that I cannot predict life and why would I worry when it hasn’t come yet…
I just have to PREPARE not worry right?! 


Here's my expenses:
Oceanview per head (adult) : 150 x 3 = 450
Oceanview per head (kid)  : 75
Greysee gas :  P500
Life vest  (Chesca) :  P 199.75
Floaters (Iana and Chesca)  :  P350
Goggles (4 kids)  :  P319.75
My shorts : P200
Total personal:  2,094.50 php

Shared expenses:
Grocery :  P 2,735.73/2 = P 1,367 (1,300)

c/o Ness:
Oceanview cottage rent :  P 2,000 c/o Ness
Van rent : 3,000

Grand Total :  3,394.50 php


ITINERARY:  DAY ONE
0500  -  ETD Montalban
0700  -  ETA Gasoline Station/NLEX/Pick-up Aunt Edna
1000 -   ETA Pampanga via Greysee (private car)/
             Christian's Apartment
1100 -  SM Clark/Grocery/Shop/Bought food for lunch
1200 -  LUNCH
1300 -  Rest/Watch TV/Joyride Pampanga/ Duty Free/Shop
1700 -  Bought bbq/Back to Apartment
1800 - DINNER
2000 - Clean/Ready Stuffs for tomorrow
2100 - Sleep

DAY TWO
0500  - Woke up/Get Ready
0600  - ETD Pampanga via van
1000  - ETA Oceanview Subic Resort via rented van
1100  - Check-in/Cottage/Set-up/Cook/Kids swam
1300 -  LUNCH 
1400 -  rest/swim/took photos
1500 - clean table/pack stuffs
1600 - check-out resort
1700 - got stuffs from apartment/ETD Montalban via greysee
1900 - ETA  Montalban

There are many amenities you can rent in Oceanview. 
Check out their website for more updated info. www.oceanviewresortsubic.com

You may contact these numbers: 

OCEAN VIEW BEACH RESORT 

(047) 222-4021/224-2997 


How to go there:

To go to OCEAN VIEW you can ride the VICTORY LINER to OLONGAPO then transfer to a blue jeep at the VICTORY LINER terminal or you can take a IBA bound VICTORY LINER and get off at OCEAN VIEW, its only 5 miunutes from OLONGAPO on the NATIONAL HWY going NORTH.  It is not in SBMA as implied here.







No comments:

Which is Better: PAID or FREE Cosplay Event?

What is Cosplay? Cosplay. a portmanteau of "costume play" is an activity and performance art in which participants called cosplaye...