Sunday, June 18, 2017

Art of Animation: UNBELIEVABLE DRAWINGS, Disneyland, Hongkong

Art of Animation 
Our first stop was the Art of Animation.  

Are you fond of Disney Cartoons?  I am. We are! Learning how these cartoons came to be is an amazing experience.  

The Cycle of the creation was: Sample was the famous Mickey Mouse.

First - the black and white sketches drawn 80 years back.  We saw HOW Disney characters were drawn.  From simple strokes to brush.  So neatly drawn. Looking at it in plain color and stroke was not that attractive yet.  

Second - it was drawn in sequence.  Like for example, Mickey Mouse doing a jump, first was the feet on ground then the next page was the mickey whose feet was up.  

It was like a filmstrip (paperstrip) of actions.  When you look at it it one sight, you'll see the animation effect.

Third - these simple sketches were given life by technology. Conceptualization by paper was just a prelude to animation.  

Aside from that, we also saw:

Sculptures and collectibles in miniature sizes which really made it so cute to see. These kept us busy. Look at these!  Aren't they lovely?!
You will see these in miniature sizes/ pic c/o Betty See

During your walk-through tour, see rarities from such film favorites as: (https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/attractions/art-of-animation/)
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Dumbo
Cinderella
Alice in Wonderland
Sleeping Beauty
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
Tarzan
Toy Story
The Incredibles
Cars
Ratatouille
I wonder how much an animator/cartoonist is paid nowadays?!  I used to love sketching and drawing before.  I was even granted a scholarship to major in Fine Arts as my first choice in college abroad but due to failing the US Embassy interview twice, I was coward to take another try rather sent my transcript back to my brother - hometown.  That was one big set back then. That is why I know when to say when an art is amazing.  Now, Chesca's into this.  I guess it's in the genes.  My mom used to be the president of her highschool Art Club, as I was.  My dad also worked as a painter.  :)
Hong Kong Disneyland Park
Main Street U.S.A
Guests can by any height
Age interest: All ages



No comments:

Which is Better: PAID or FREE Cosplay Event?

What is Cosplay? Cosplay. a portmanteau of "costume play" is an activity and performance art in which participants called cosplaye...